Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Color Inspiration #125


Can you believe this is the 25th week of the Color Inspiration?

Let me let you know that the submissions for blog candy have closed with Mr. Linky and to expect the reveal of blog candy and who's was who's later today.

Time sure flies when you're having fun!!!

For this special occasion, I thought we would try something different......a monochromatic card.

This week's colors are Chocolate Chip (my favorite), Kraft (soon to be called Crumb Cake) and Very Vanilla (a neutral).

This week, my sample card using these colors was SO easy to make!!! I used one of my favorite new stamp sets: Watercolor Trio. Since it's a monochromatic card, the ink pads did all the work!!! Don't get me wrong.....I love coloring this set with different color markers, but using this stamp set with just ink pads was so easy peasy!!!



Isn't it pretty?

The base card is Chocolate Chip.

The next layer is Very Vanilla cardstock which measures 5 1/4" x 4".

The top portion of the focal image is some of that magic paper. What? You've never heard of magic paper? Well, actually it's called Presto Patterns Specialty paper. But, it sure works like magic. It's thick white paper that has clear embossed designs on it. For my card I just sponged on some Chocolate Chip ink. It exposes the white grid design. SO COOL!!!!

The bottom portion of the focal image is Kraft cardstock which measures 3 3/4" x 5". The leaf image is stamped with Sahara Sand ink. The flower image is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. The top edge is torn. The edges are sponged with Chocolate Chip ink.

The finishing touch is the sentiment (stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink) that has been punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch.

The finishing touch is some Chocolate Chip satin ribbon tied into a classic knot.

Not too many steps, right? Easy peasy? Yes! Elegant? Oh, Yes!

Now it's your turn.......we'd love to have you try our color combination. If you choose to take the challenge, please leave a comment on this post with a link to your project.

Until next time......Happy Stamping everyone!

Card Recipe stamps: Watercolor Trio paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Presto Patterns Specialty paper ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand accessories: Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponges

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, one of my favorite color combos. I used Soft Suede instead of Choc. Chip though. I tried using Mr. Linky but I don't think it worked. Anyway, you can see it here, http://stamperbeth.blogspot.com/2010/05/sepia-flowers.html
    Thanks for a great combo.

    ReplyDelete