Friday, December 17, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 182

Good Evening Friends!

It's time for another Saturday Sketch challenge! This week I decided to go square... Now.. you can alter this sketch in any way you like.. If you don't want to be square, check out Kerin and Tiffany's cards below...

There are a few things to think about when you're making a square card..

#1 ~ Do you have an envelope to fit? Well, SU makes a square envelope which fits a 5 1/4" square card perfectly.

#2 ~ If you dont have that, I suggest trying to go 4 1/4" square, and just use the regular medium envelope...

Tip ** I suggest using a regular medium envelope (even though it's not a perfect fit) so that you can still mail your cute square creation without paying extra postage. If you mail a square card, it's going to cost you at least 20 cents extra. :D

You can check out the measurements of of each operator card on their own site, but since Patti is on top, and I'm running late I STOLE, I mean borrowed her measurements... Thanks GF!

Base: Elegant Eggplant 4 1/4" square.
Layer #2 is crumb cake 4" square
Layer #3 3 3/4" x 2"?
Layer #4 is a 3" square of Pink Pirouette cardstock.
Layer #5 is a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch.

Last but not least ~ Operator Robin is feeling under the weather tonight.. If you think of it, go and leave her a comment so she knows that we're all missing her.

Now, here is what the design team came up with....


Patti Chesky







Gretchen Barron







Kerin Sylvester






Tiffany Bauer






Selene Kempton







Connie Babbert






Lee Conrey


Now it's your turn :D Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog)
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay our links will close at 8AM on Thursday morning Eastern Standard Time.

Have A Great Week!
Selene~


2 comments:

  1. Great sketch and was fun making a card other than Christmas. I also uploaded my card from last week that I forgot was still in the camera ;( It is for my grandsons bd and I was in a hurry to get it off to him time got away. I love your cards they are all wonderful. I really enjoy your site. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun sketch. Thanks for the tip on the 4.25" square care--I don't have to fear the square anymore! Thanks for all your work and inspiration. Happy Holidays to you all!

    ReplyDelete