Thursday, January 20, 2011

Technique Thursday - Kissing

It's time for another edition of Technique Thursday, and I thought in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday I'd highlight "kissing" this week! This is a fun and easy technique.

Supplies you'll need:
  • Solid Stamp
  • Patterned Stamp
  • Classic Stamp Pads


Step one:
Ink the solid stamp with the color of your choice, for this card I've used Cherry Cobbler.

Step two:
Do NOT ink up that patterned stamp. Lay the inked solid stamp facing up, and press the patterned stamp onto the solid stamp, making sure to stamp off the ink onto your grid paper after each time you apply it to the solid stamp. When you're done, your solid stamp will look something like this:

Step three:
Huff (breathe moist air) onto the inked stamp, as it may have begun to dry as you were adding your pattern.

Step four:
Stamp onto card stock, this is what they will look like:
Here are two samples using this technique:

Supplies used on the above card:
Stamp Sets: I {heart} Hearts, Circle Circus
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Paper Piercing tool, Assorted Buttons (neutrals, subtles & regals), Mini Glue Dots to adhere the buttons, dimensionals.

Supplies used on the above card:
Stamp Sets: I {heart} Hearts, Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, dimensionals (behind center heart), Polka Dots embossing folder.

I hope you've enjoyed this quick tutorial, and maybe you'd even like to create a sample of your own! Link up below so we can see what you've come up with!!

8 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I love the samples you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute, one of the best examples I have seen of this technique! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely,will def have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! This is awesome!! Thanks so much!! I will be trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome technique - I'll have to try this! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently made a V-tine's card using this technique, I inked the heart with Real Red, stamped off and then inked the patterned stamp with Real Red and did not stamp off, which gave it a darker image. Reverse of your inking. You can also twist your image stamp for fun. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been stamping for 11 years and have forgotten some of these techniques you show us. I'm so thankful I just found this blog to refresh my memory and give me new things to try. Everyone does a nice job with photos and descriptions to view. I really appreciate it all and reading the comments posted too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry ... I accidentally Mr Linky'd to the wrong post, ladies. This is my very very very first Mr Linkiy, so please forgive my blunder. :(

    ReplyDelete